Sharron’s clients have included national and smaller developers operating in both the residential and commercial sectors, international and domestic investors, local authorities, pension funds, asset managers, financial institutions, insurers, universities, providers of social and student housing as well as small businesses, partnerships and private clients.
Sharron is committed to providing clients with clear, practical and realistic advice. Having advised in the real estate sector for so long, she has a thorough understanding of a wide range of property structures and is able to ensure that issues and solutions are identified early and dealt with efficiently and sometimes innovatively without losing sight of the commercial aims of the parties and the requirements of getting the deal the done.
Sharron was formerly a partner and head of real estate tax for the London office of a national practice and is thus able to deliver high quality City level tax advice at competitive rates.
- Advising on the complex SDLT issues arising in respect of a significant Shar’ia law compliant commercial development structure in London
- Advising a large property investment manager on acquisitions of large retail and commercial business parks through offshore corporate vehicles
- Advising both domestic and International Financial Institutions and commercial borrowers on tax aspects of real estate finance documentation
- Advising on complex PFI type structures relating to student accommodation projects
- A number of successes in persuading HMRC to overturn initial decisions in both complex VAT and SDLT cases
- Advising on a significant re-gear project for the property investment arm of an international pension fund
- Advising a number of offshore trustees as to de-enveloping and collapsing offshore structures holding UK land
- Advising numerous developers on acquisition and collaborative agreements enabling the reduction or elimination of SDLT costs
- Advising on the UK tax implications of cross border property trading and investment structures
- Advising on the use and suitability of different types of property holding structures and arrangements from a UK tax perspective