We are Specialist Lawyers advising on all aspects of Commercial Property & Development Law.
Our clients range from commercial developers, development investors and funders to landowners and tenants. We work with a range of developers, from the experienced developer to the less experienced landowner or prospective tenant.
We offer a one-stop shop handling all matters starting with site assembly, acquisition, planning agreements, funding models including debt to equity, mezzanine and forward-commitment models, though to the ultimate letting of commercial premises and residential plot sales or property management; an end to end service.
We are pragmatic and constructive in our approach to identifying and then overcoming the challenges presented by the most complex development projects. We take into account the commercial context, find practical commercial solutions and we are tenacious in our approach, determined to get the deal done.
Our business model allows us to offer low hourly rates and low fixed fees when compared with competitors who offer the same level of expertise and experience.
Our core services include:
A few examples of recent and current deals:
- Advising on a £28m refinance of land in East London for redevelopment, including the negotiation of the construction package and forward funding of the affordable housing.
- Negotiation with 18 leaseholders to secure an entire block of flats for demolition and redevelopment with a GDV of circa £25m
- A subject to planning acquisition of a Grade II Listed School in Kennington for the creation of 149 units, involving multi party negotiations including community groups, phased handover and forward funding.
- A subject to planning application of a former Hospital in Clapham at which artists had squatted for over 25 years. The transaction involved their phased relocation within the site and the restoration of the Hospital Building to provide 30 new homes.
- A site assembly collaboration agreement in respect of a mixed used development in East London between Contractor and Developer, the Contractor accepting payment on completion of the development in return for a profit related bonus. The transaction also involves conditional contracts, option agreements, bank funding and sub-charges.
We build close relationships with our clients and are always at the end of the phone giving our client’s the comfort that they can call us whenever they need us.
Our clients say:
“Technically excellent, thorough…. very commercially aware, willing to listen to clients and find solutions”
“A unique blend of professionalism with commercial awareness of the market and its, pitfall’s, peaks and troughs”
“Always available and above all, full of good cheer and a pleasure to deal with”