Mirkwood Evans Vincent is a specialist commercial law firm providing legal solutions to a range of corporate clients. Our commercial property team is based in Brighton and is led by the managing partner with over 20 years of experience in major city firms. She oversees six senior consultants assisting clients on matters relating to construction, litigation, property finance, corporate and commercial, property tax and planning. Commercial property work accounts for a significant amount of the firm’s income for clients in and around London. It is a small and genuinely friendly work environment.
As a paralegal at Mirkwood Evans Vincent, you will be given the opportunity to learn and develop your experience in property development and landlord & tenant and work with a broad selection of clients. You will be supervised by the managing partner and a training contract will be offered to candidates after one year of performing well and meeting objectives.
Applications are sought from experienced paralegals who are looking for a training contract and wish to develop their careers within a superb commercial property environment. In order to be considered candidates should be able to demonstrate residential and/or commercial property experience; this could have been gained through working as a paralegal or as a legal executive prior to qualifying.
This is the perfect opportunity for the right candidate to really establish themselves in commercial property.
– Supporting the team with administrative and legal tasks on a wide range of commercial property files including high value, complex residential and commercial development projects from the acquisition and redevelopment of large high-profile developments to routine property transactions for smaller businesses
– Handling a case load of residential plot sales working to strict deadlines and specific timescales
– Assisting with all aspects of freehold and leasehold property transactions for its business clients, including acquisition, property finance, landlord & tenant and investment work
– Background of working as a paralegal within commercial or residential property, as well as harbouring a genuine interest in this practice area
– A ‘career paralegal’ or a candidate who is looking to obtain a training contract after a year of experience at the firm
– Ability to manage a busy workload with conflicting priorities
– A good work ethic and willing to put in extra time to achieve goals
– Good initiative with the ability to judge when you need assistance
– Excellent spelling and grammar
– Willing to be proactive and assertive if necessary to get a transaction moving
– Completed Legal Practice Course
To apply, please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org